You can easily make dowels in your favorite wood! This professional-grade dowel cutter - "Made in Germany" - lets you easily turn square stock into handy dowels.
Here's how to do it:
- Attach adapter to basic tool, adjust for fine cut.
- Have square stock about 1/16 in. larger than the desired dowel size handy.
- Mount horizontal fixture and drill (unplugged!) on a stable surface and attach drive.
- Plug in drill and set speed between 1000 and 2800 r.p.m., hold dowel cutter in right hand, and workpiece loosely in left hand. Insert right end of workpiece into the conical opening of the cutter, and feed into the drive, using short, sharp, straight motions.
- Don't be surprised when the workpiece begins to turn in your hand - this is normal. Release the workpiece quickly and press the dowel cutter gently and evenly toward the drill.
- The finished dowel is easily released from the drive, without having to shut off the drill, once pressure on the cutter is eased.